background

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It Finally Ices

After two separate days of schools being closed do to, well lets just be realistic and say "possible" ice...we finally had a true ice day.  Believe it or not, we had school too, though the roads were not actually icy. I still thought, "Really? Not even a late start? The last time they closed the whole day because it might ice (and it did not, at least not at my house,) this time I actually see the ice."  Not to mention there are trees down everywhere and three campuses are running on generators. But, I'm not meteorologist and I don't get to make the call.
Anyway, ice days in Houston are a rarity so I thought I'd snap a couple pictures because I wanted to play with my camera for documentation purposes...for the kids of course.
this is our neighbors tree, we don't actually have any in our yard

This next tree is our other neighbors. It was really cool all the little whirlybirds on it were windblown and froze like that. I'm hoping they all just fall of instead of take flight and land in our pool. 


You can't exactly see the icicles, but I like the goal post pics so I had to include them.  


Now for Houston, these are pretty big icicles. Don't laugh northerners!  

This is where I run. The big pipe thing is the top of a bridge. It just looked pretty all white.

We had to run to the post office...


Ice does so much damage. Unfortunately, there was probably at least one house on every street with similar looking yards. It was mostly the pine trees...


but, they were my favorite to see. The ice just looked pretty on them



Seasons are always tricky here in Houston. A few plants got confused and were a little early for spring




More pretty pine (I was sitting at a stop sign, safety first.) 

This is right to The Bean's school. It was awesome just all alone and covered in ice. 

So that's it folks, the great Katy ice storm of 2014. Stay warm!








No comments:

Post a Comment