background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Test drive

Since I had several people suggest to me to start my own blog, I finally decided to give it a whirl. This is my "test drive" so you'll have to bear with me a while until I figure out just how I want to operate my very own, brand new, blog world.
I think instead of picking some topic to blog about I am going to just let it go where it will.  If you know me, I'm sure you realize by now, I have my own opinion about just about everything.  So why hold back here?
I guess to start I will fill you in about my and maybe tomorrow I will tell you about a product I discovered for myself  or a craft I tackled lately.
I spent the first part of my life in Houston.  My parents then moved our family to Marble Falls, where I graduated high school.  I then moved off to Stephenville to attend college at Tarleton State.  I never finished school but met the best people most of them I am still in touch with.  I temporarily worked for Volkswagen while I was in school and it was a really neat thing.  I got to go to a couple of cool places for auto shows and at the time, I thought I was making "big bucks." I spent most of the time though, working at Pastafina as a waitress.  For 4 years this proved to be a good match for me since all my friends worked there and it paid the bills. When I finally decided it was time to grow up a little bit, I took a job in Westport, Connecticut.  What a big adventure that was for me.  I came out of that with a crazy life experience and a husband who is a perfect match for me.
Now, I am a wife to Chris and mommy to Emma (2 years) and Eli (2 months) - they're the "E squared" part of the name (yeah I thought it was.) We own a home that I'm always "sprucing" up or implementing some new idea to.  We live here with our little family dog and Emma's best friend, Georgie.  He's a very handsome red min pin.  I always joke that I feel like one of those "Hollywood starlets" with my mini purse dog and my Land Rover. The joke is that my Land Rover is actually 7 years used and my dog, big for his breed, would be quite awkward in a purse.
I am a photographer on the side and love taking pictures.  One day, when my kids are a little older I hope to be able to pursue that endeavor a little more but for now, I kind of just take what I can get.  I also fill a lot of my free time (which is a little few and far between these days) with projects and crafts around the house.  This is something else I think it would be fun to make an income from at some point.  For now though, my priorities lie with my babies.
I guess that pretty much sums it up.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Maybe I will spend tonight thinking of some clever way to sign out of this thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment