background

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Diet time again

Last year I made the resolution to shed some lingering baby weight (and then some.) With the 17 Day Diet it was a great success. However over the holidays, I just sort of gave up. I even stopped weighing so I wouldn't have to admit to myself how out of control it was getting.
At my best weight I was 133lbs.  (I wasn't super comfortable sharing that with the world but figured this is how I need to become accountable.) I told myself that from now on I would never allow myself to fluctuate over 135lbs without taking more cautious dieting methods.  After all, shedding a few pounds had to be easier then shedding 23. So yesterday, I decided it was time to brave it and figure things out.  I was at 138.2.  Not as bad as I expected but enough to push me into "are you planning on putting all that weight back on or is it actually time to do something about this again" mentality.
I've decide that since I have a big life event just around the corner on Feb 22, now is the time! I want to look my best before I do this (no, Im still not telling what it is but the time will come, don't worry.) So I have 1 month to shed my final 5-8lbs.  I know that with the diet I lost 10lbs in the first 17days so surely, I can manage this goal in a month.
I've already made my meal plan for this week and purchased everything so I m stuck with un-17day diet suppers but I am starting with breakfast, lunch and exercise. Next week I will go full blown and hopefully have some recipes to share. For, now the main point of all this was to actually tell someone I was starting over so I had to.  I planned last night to go jog this morning but took one look outside and started trying to talk myself out of it. I figure if I state it to you guys I have to make a solid effort.  Wish me well! And good luck to any of you embarking on a similar journey.  Please, if you have great 17day diet recipes, share.  Updates soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment