background

Friday, November 1, 2013

Adventures of Trick or Treating

Well over all last night was a success. I wasn't sure how it was going to go in the new neighborhood, especially since there are no sidewalks for the kids to walk on.  The kids had lots of fun and I enjoyed meeting some of the neighbors. Everybody was very nice and I have to say, way to go Nottingham, they gave out GREAT candy.
So here are a few costume pics (a cat and rainbow fish) and some cool decorations we saw in our adventures...

I had to add this one, the only shot of my DIY Halloween wreath



The first year they have allowed me to put make up on them


This was really super cute in person, I didn't feel like the pictures did it justice

Until I saw this one...
(wait for me!)

Getting the lay of the land

I am not a big fan of decorating for Halloween. I would much rather just do "Fall" but the kids were way into it this year so we made a trip to the dollar store. Pretty good cemetery for a $20 budget.
(Hey Penny, the doggy in the window. Told you terriers are nosy)

Since we weren't sure how the walking was going to go without sidewalks we decided that the wagon was a safe bet. That, and in case I went into labor Chris offered to pull me home. Next year we will have to decorate it too.

Our first street, I loved these little lights.

This house was done up (again my pictures do not do it any kind of justice,) the kids were pretty creeped out. Eli loves scary stuff but even he was unsure. They are definitely the winner for the evening.



This next set up was very cool. The Zombies trapped inside the house were awesome. It was like a video thing so they were moving in front of the window. They were having a big Halloween party, it was a fun house.





This is our neighbor, the witch is actually really high in the tree. I just thought it was cute.

Pointing at the large pumpkin (see next photo)



Checking out their haul...

It was such a fun night. We got dressed in costumes, went to get the kids free kids meals at JCI (and ice cream) then headed home. After trick or treating we did baths and they snuggled up with a couple pieces of candy in their bean bags to watch the Charlie Brown Halloween special. Needless to say they were out almost as soon as their sweet heads hit the pillow. Now they're both at school and its time for me to pick up all things Halloween to make room for Thanksgiving, but first...the trick or treat basket! 

Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment