background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer kid friendly craft - #1

Custom T-shirt - ages 3 and up (maybe 2ish with spray help)
**disclaimer - Emma was anxious once I told her we were doing a craft so I didn't take the time to get out my camera and just used my phone. Looking at the pictures now, I may should have reconsidered that decision but, you get the idea. **

What you need:
Solid color T-shirt to fit your child (I just used one Emma had in the closet already)
Spray bottle with bleach/water combo (I used half and half, you can also use a squirt gun but I didnt have one handy)
Freezer paper
Cardboard or newspaper to keep the bleach from bleeding through 


Ok first create a stencil design for the shirt. Draw the design onto the freezer paper and cut it out.  I picked a heart because it was easiest on Emmas tiny Tee. The blog I got this idea from did the child's initial...


http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2010/06/11/summer-fun-custom-bleached-shirt/

Iron the freezer paper stencil onto the shirt (shiny side down.)



Now you are ready to take it outside and spray it.  Use the card board or newspaper inside the shirt (I skipped that phase and it was fine) and hang it up at the child's level.   You can string a line, I just used the fence, but its short enough for Emma to still reach.


Let the kids have at it with the spray bottle or squirt gun then hang in the sun to dry (today it took like 10min tops and it was done)

Peel the stencil off...voila!


1 comment: