background

Friday, March 8, 2013

A New Saga Begins

**sigh of relief**
Its finally over! We got a call late morning that the buyer was still interested in our home if we included a settlement in which they would take on the HOA and the taking down or bringing up to HOA standards, of the porch. In addition, we were going to have them sign a hold harmless agreement stating we would not be responsible for anything after we put the settlement in escrow. I can honestly say I was shocked they agreed.
So we had a tentative closing time of 1:30, but only on our house. We would still need to sign on dream house and it would not likely be funded until Monday. At this point I was ready to wash my hands of our house so it didn't really matter to me if we got dream house tonight or Monday morning. By 12:30 I received a call from the Realtor that the final HUD statement hadn't made it to the title company after all. She wasn't sure what time things would happen.
At a quarter til 1 she called and to tell me the buyer would be doing a walk through at 2:15 and go straight over to closing. But, it looked like we were really not going to close on dream house, as in we would have to come back Monday morning to sign then wait out the funding.
By the time we got to the title company everything had miraculously been worked out.  We would close on both houses and both would be funded...tonight! I was so excited.
It has been such a long and crazy process.  I can't believe it is finally over, but I am overjoyed.  Now its time for the new saga to being and tomorrow I will go to the dream house to take my first "before" pictures to share with you all.  I can't wait for all the opportunity this house holds and to get my family nestled into this new chapter in our lives.
Thanks for reading ever painstaking detail and stay tuned for the fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment