background

Friday, October 15, 2010

The ham-burglar, a short story

Do you ever wonder what little kids dream about?  I know several times Chris and I have talked about babies having bad dreams or nightmares and wondered if it was even possible if they haven't ever been exposed to anything scary or even know that they should be scared. In this case I am referring to Emma.
Today I got a glimpse of what she dreams about. 
I had just finished changing Eli  about 7 this morning. Like usual Emma was still asleep.  She had come into our room about 5 so from Eli's room I was within hearing distance to ours. As I snapped Eli's last of the 500 snaps they put on baby PJ's I heard Emma.  This was unusual because she usually sleeps til about 8 or 9.  She was fussing so I headed in there to see what was wrong.  As I came in the room, it was still pretty dark but I could see her moving around and I could hear her  saying "no, nooo!"  in a whining almost shout.  I crawled in bed with her and handed her, her cure all snuggly bear and she rolled over and pulled the covers over her head.  I asked her what was wrong and, all pouty like, she said "Georgie took my hamburger."  I died laughing.
Georgie the ham-burglar was all stretched out next to her.  I guess my baby doesn't dream about scary things after all, just hamburgers and her thieving dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment