background

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Fall Yall...


Well its time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, cool mornings, and warm colored leaves.  Yep its Fall and nothing says Fall like a trip to the pumpkin patch.  Our church has a cute little pumpkin patch right in our neighborhood, today, we made two trips there. The first was this morning and I had the kids dressed in their cute fall attire.










Eli was as cute as could be looking like an old man in his collared shirt (my mom commented that she doesn't understand why they make collared shirts for baby boys because they have no neck)














and Emma sported a navy Polo dress with bright blue band aid



















I didn't get much cooperation from either of them especially when I was trying to get them together but, there were a couple of kind of cute pictures. However, I went back for round two later this evening.  The was the costume round!  It was the first time I had both them in full costume and they were just too cute!          
          

Emma is a pumpkin
 


And Eli, an alligator


I had so much fun just admiring how cute and sweet my babies are while we were out there among all things fall. What a beautiful day and a beautiful season!  Here are a few more of my favorites.
Look at that sweet boy lookin' at his big sister

Just haigin' out

My sweet babies

I got to spend this beautiful day with my family but, I couldn't help but think to myself that there are two families we know going through a bit of a rough patch.  This evening, as I soaked up the golden sunlight, I was reminded to be grateful for the we have. Our family, our health, and everything down to the few moments we spent such a pretty afternoon in the pumpkin patch with the kids. I was also reminded of the real struggle two other mothers, wives, and friends are facing.  I prayed hard for both families. To protect their privacy, I do not want to go into specifics but, your prayers would be appreciated too.  Don't worry, God will know the details.
Well that's all I have for now.  Happy Fall and I hope you too, get to relish these beautiful days to come (before we start complaining of the cold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment