background

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Its a garage sale weekend in Bear Creek...

Well I was a bit disappointed this time at the lack of participants in the Bear Creek garage sale.  However, that does not go to say I did not find some wonderful things to spend my on; and by my I mean the money Chris got from mowing lawns all month.  Ha Ha, yes he has a side job too. 
So the first sale we went to I got a great lamp for only $2.  It was ugly as sin but I knew I could spray paint it so I did as soon as I got home.  Now its perfect for our future "formal" living room that we are currently working on.
I also snagged a couple VHS movies for Emma @ only $.25 each.  I love VHS for kids.  She can do it herself and they don't get all scratched up.  Not to mention, these days they are dirt cheap.  PERFECT for the playroom TV!
Next we came across an edger for the yard and this little bucket I thought I could use.  Yes, definitely somebody Else's junk but for 25 cents, I thought it would be a great planter or pencil holder. Chris was looking for a gas powered edger for his new lawn mowing "business." So I couldn't walk away from a $15 Briggs and Straton one in excellent shape. 

Then we were cruising around and I saw Eli's exact nursery set in this yard.  It had tons of pieces and I convinced the lady to sell me the art for only $10.  There were seven canvas pictures and they were so cute.  She said they did them themselves.  An excellent job and they are just adorable in his room.  I took pics of some of the things I already had too so you can see how well they match. What are the odds!?


Finally, our BIG score!  We came across a table saw and the guy was only asking $75.  He had all the parts and even his purchase receipt.  With the built in project lurking in the back of my mind, I just couldn't walk away.  I think this is going to change the way we project, ha ha.  Now, I just have to figure out how to use it.  Chris knows but, I am always a little chicken to use the saw.  I think its time I step up to the plate.





Well that sums up the bargain hunting.  I'm a little disappointed we didn't get going on the built ins as promised, but here is a preview of the fabric and the wall paint from the room

I think you will like the finished project!  Off to make some cuts and get this ball rolling.  I wish I could say I would have pics later but I forgot to buy nails and screws so I don't see that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment