background

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter, sad Sunday paper!

I don't know about you guys but I sure had a fabulous Easter weekend.  I was surrounded by family and watched my little girl have the time of her life.  I'm sure Eli had fun too but, I think hes still kind of indifferent to things, haha.  We went to Farmerville, Louisiana this weekend to be with my in-laws. The home they have there is more farm-ish and it was like being at Dewberry farm for a whole weekend and not having to share or wait in line for anything.
Chris' parents, known as Mimi and Big to the grand kids, bought a small donkey for the kids.  Emma woke up Friday morning and by 9 she was up on the donkey taking laps around the pasture.  They also have a big sand hill they made for the kids with a culvert through the center of it so they can play in the "tunnel." We got the pool and the slip and slide. Both Emma and her cousin Annie brought their power wheels. Big set up a tent for the girls to play in and we even enjoyed a campfire and marshmallow roasting, a first for Emma. I was able to show of my couponing skills with a trip to Walmart. We saved $23, not bad for no planning. Of course there were Easter baskets, Easter candy galore, and an egg hunt.  I also managed to squeeze in a few photo sessions.  All and all it was just the best weekend.

Now, on to the business.  No coupons in this Sunday paper : (  I know, I know...which is sadder the fact there are no coupons or the fact that it saddens me.  haha!  Well to give you a heads up, they do not put coupons in papers that a holiday falls on the Sunday. However, do not despair, I have lots of great deals for you from some of the coupons in previous papers.
But first I wanted to share this handy little thing with you.  I think it is a fabulous idea if your coupons will fit in it.




You can purchase it on Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/Purse-Size-Deluxe-Coupon-Organizer/dp/B001UUP2NE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1303745920&sr=8-7 They have several colors to choose from so look around they are anywhere from $3.00 to $12.00

OK on to the main event...
Lets start with Walgreens:
First Transaction 
2x Splenda 80ct or larger $2.99 + 3.00 SPC = FREE + buy 2 boxes you get $3 RR = MONEY MAKER This is an unadvertised RR, make sure if you buy more then two you add another transaction for the second two
This transaction was free, and I applied my rewards to the next
Second transaction
2x boxes of Splenda + 2 SPC for $3.00 = FREE + $3 RR
Coppertone spray sunscreen (bought this because I needed it for the kids) $9.99 + $3 RR = like $6.99


I paid $3.99 + tax here because I used my RR from previous transaction 

Third Transaction
2x Charmin Basic Toilet paper 6 ct.  $2.99 in ad coupon + .25 off any charmin ( I had this from an older paper) = $2.74 (I only had one SPC but still bought two)
Sinful  Colors nail polish .99 ea, limit 3 (I purchased 3)

I paid  $2.70 plus tax after using my $6 RR from my second transaction. 

Total Walgreens pay out 6.69 +tax for = 10 items for around $.70 each. Cheaper then the dollar store!
12 rolls (2x 6ct)of TP
3 nail polish
4 box of Splenda
1 Sunscreen 


Things I did not purchase that are also great deals
stacking plastic chairs bogo free
Clorox bleach 2/$3 + I saw a coupon in a recent paper for Clorox
Duracell  4pack AA batteries $2.99
Gillette body wash  bogo %50 off + SPC for BOGO free = 2/$1.13  just .57 each
Colgate Total Sale 2.99 + Bogo Free + $1.00 SPC x 2 = .50 each

CVS
I have not made it to CVS yet this week but I did make a list of some great deals
Listerine $2.99 on sale + $1.00 SPC = $1.99
Dove Men + Care deodorant on sale .99  + $1.00 SPC = FREE

Thats it for now guys, I will be back this afternoon with this weeks Grocery specials and some pics of the kiddos this Easter.


I had every intention of getting back with you guys with all this weeks deals but I just realized they are only good through today.  No worries though, new ads come out tomorrow and I'll be on top of it.  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment