background

Friday, April 15, 2011

Just call me Betti Spaghetti

Well, as I have stated before, I refuse to "save big" on a ton of items I don't normally buy.  This week I was presented with an opportunity to stock up on some things I do use and use a lot.

At the end of my last blog I mentioned the Walgreens savings on BIC razors. That was a steal of a deal saving about $15 on 4 packs of razors and thats how I started my week.
This week, sadly Kroger released a press release stating they would no longer be doubling coupons.  So we skipped out on Kroger this time.  Now don't totally discount them from your shopping because there are still savings to be had.  Any coupon you use there thats over a dollar wouldn't have been doubled anyway.  We just happened not to need anything there this time.  They do have a good 10/$10 on frozen veggies and on Kraft BBQ sauce or Kroger brand marinade.  The Marinade and BBQ can be mixed and matched.

This week we did go to Randalls and take advantage of some the price/lbs on pork.
I also bought Bounty paper towels (we usually buy whats on sale) and Cottonelle toilet paper (my brand of choice) for $4.99 each after coupon.  -Now a heads up, HEB has the paper towels .02 cheaper. I dont know if I missed it in the ad or if it wasn't printed.
We also took advantage of the buy 3 Dove products and get $3 off.  In addition I had coupons for .75 of 1 deodorant. I only had two coupons but had I clipped more it would have been a steal (I do use Dove) the total for all three would have been $3.72 plus your $3 back making them .72 for three (.24 each)
I bought the soap and deodorant b/c I only had 2 deo coupons and use the soap too


Lastly, we bought 2 glad trash bags on sale for $4.99. I had a $2 off coupon of the purchase of 1 glad trash bags and 1 clorox/tilex/409 cleaner.  I bought the cheapest which was toilet bowl cleaner (we actually use that brand) for $2.29.  After my coupon the toilet bowl cleaner was .29

Dont worry, I don't store all this together, it was just for ease of taking fewer pics

Next we went to HEB.  Those of you on facebook have already seen a copy of my receipt, it was a proud moment for me, my savings were greater then my total. I purchased 80 items for only $67 dollars making each item about $.83.  Thats like shopping at the dollar store.


Now I did stock up quite a bit and if you read the title here is where it comes in.
I had 9 papers last week that I clipped from.
HEB has their buy a Kraft salad dressing get a free Barilla Pasta and pasta sauce.  So my coupon was for 1.00 off 2 Kraft dressings (9 of them)- I bought all 18, but it was only $2/ set.  I didn't only buy ranch because a lot of times we use dressing as marinade so it doubles its purpose and helps us use it before it expires.  Also I bought all different shapes of noodles so they can be used other then spaghetti. And as a confession, we have spaghetti at least once every two weeks (its my go to meal.) So this was a fabulous deal for me. - now you see the reason for the title.








They also have a Texas Showdown this week which was buy Folgers classic roast coffee get HEB classic roast free.  I happened to have $1.00 off coupons for Folgers.  I had 9 but only used 4 because coffee does expire and I like to keep it in the freezer to keep it fresher (takes up freezer real estate.) So in the end I got 8 things of coffee for about $2 each.


Our last big stock up moment was the cereal.  We bought 6 boxes of cereal.  They have select Kelloggs on sale for 2.50 each and if you buy 3 you get $3 back making them $1.50 each.  Also on the frosted flakes there was a peely coupon for like .50 or maybe 1.00 off produce with the purchase of the 2 Kelloggs cereal. SO I did also use that coupon too.
The also had an in store coupon for $1.00 off Dannon light and fit yogurt 4 packs making them .84 each. I bought 3 packs.
HEB also had Colgate for .99 with the coupon and Tide for 5 something with their in store coupon.  I did not purchase those but thought they both were good deals.
Here is the before and after shot. Be aware we do not keep all the stuff out like this, I just put it all together for the picture...Im not hoarding, yet!

This was stuff I moved out of my pantry today to make room for things I didnt want to store in the garage




This was after today's haul.



I guess that about wraps up the shopping this week.  I'll get more pics up soon, I just wanted to post the blog fresh from my FB post.  Go forth and coupon!

If anyone is interested here are a list of coupons I have to give away locally...
$1.00 off 8 or 9 oz Kens salad dressing x1 (should be coming up on sale soon but expires 4/30)
$.50 off any Newman's own salad dressing x1
$1.00 off Folgers x 2 (thats 4 coffees this week at HEB)
$1.00 off 3 Kraft 8oz bottles of dressing x 9
$1.00 off 2 Kraft 24oz dressing (these are eligible for the HEB meal deal thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment