background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Diet, Thrift store, and more (oh my!)

As you may well know by now, one of my resolutions was to take of a few more lingering pounds; like 10. I've been doing the 17 day diet - my way- for about 2 weeks now. Well, you obviously have to count all the starts and stops last year. Anyway, I am teetering on the 4 to 5lb loss marker and its been great for my waist. I've actually gone down another pant size, making it a total of a 2 pant size decrease. Which is very exciting. Unfortunately, its had similar effect up top, if you know what I mean.  However, that is a discussion for a different day. One when I am not still brooding over the fact. On the happier side, new pants size means new pants, which means shopping!
Actually, I am not quite ready to go all in and get a new pants wardrobe (looks like I may be needing a few shirts too) but, I am pretty ready to kick my recently rediscovered plumbers crack to the curb. Hey- at least its because my pants are to big for my rear now, not the opposite! Besides I want to see what size I settle in and I have a few pairs of pants I recently bought and love, so I may just go for some alterations. Until then, I decided to go to the thrift store. Best of all worlds; shopping, new pants, and cheap prices.
I did find 3 new pairs of pants. Some jeans, some jean shorts, and some "jorts" as the hubby likes to call them (you know the kind of wide leg capri/goucho pant.)
But I also found these great shades.


No, I am not going to wear them, are you kidding? I would look ridiculous. Even if  I did want to try them out, they're way to scratched. So, I have a better plan. Emma has decided on a Barbie theme party for her upcoming February birthday. And I have decided on a Barbie glam photo booth. I've heard it said" Barbie, that b***h has everything" and I am sure accessories are no exception, making photo booth choices totally awesome. <---I know its lame, but I just couldn't force myself to put curse words in print. Though more often then they should, they force their way from my mouth.
Actually,the whole party will be "Vintage Barbie Glam"  I didn't really know where to go with modern blonde Barbie and the old silhouette is really cute. Needless to say I'm pretty excited now. I have been pinteresting glam birthday ideas all week long, as if I needed another reason to devote hours to pinterest. Have no fear, I am sure you will soon be bombarded with more Barbie Birthday tutorials than you ever wanted to see. With that I am signing out but I wanted to share one more photo. I ordered this dress from Polka Dot Ponies on Etsy.com today and I am so absolutely excited to get it. Isn't it cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment