background

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

OK so if I am going to be any kind of blogger at all I feel its a requirement to make a New Year's resolution post. Cliche, yes but, so it goes. This year is all about changes in our house so settle in, I have a lot to discuss!!
On the subject of being a blogger I realize that requires me to keep up with my blog. As you know I come and go here and that's where Resolution 1 comes in: 1 post a week.  I hope to be better then that but, in order for me to really make this resolution thing work, I'm going to need to take baby steps. Plus, I've grown comfortable with the chaos that is daily life in my house and come to the resolve that it's just the way things are, at least until the babies are older.
However, its time to change the way things are...enter Resolution 2: get organized. Ok this one is on most of my Mommy friends to do list nearly every chance we can bring it up. So the plan to make it happen is get a plan! I just adore pinterest and have about 30 boards. Yes its ironic, pinterest seems to be the only place I am excelling in organization. I even have a pinterest board devoted to great ideas for organizing (click and check it out) and its time to implement them. Starting tomorrow I will be joining A Bowl Full of Lemons 21 Day Organizing Challenge. My parents are awesome and took the kids for a few days between Christmas and New Years so I was able to purge. We cleaned out all the clothes closets, the garage, and the playroom and were able to make two trips to donate to Goodwill. I felt empowered and honestly lighter. SO the plan is to keep myself motivated. I also stuck a desk calender to the inside of my pantry do with velcro to keep me on track. I am planning to develop that into a family binder. The end goal - to minimize the crap stuff we "need" and create a happier, healthier living space.
Ah yes, healthy - bet you knew this one was coming. Resolution 3: get healthy. Again, its easy to say "I'm going to get healthy, but this year we have a plan for success. Last year, just before summer I was sick of my baby weight and jealous proud of my mommy friends' success with the 17 Day Diet so I jumped on the bandwagon. Well sort of, I did the first 17 Days, my way, then just tried to keep eating healthy. I had great luck myself, losing 20lbs and keeping it off, even through the holidays. Chris, joined in too and also lost 20lbs. SO we are committing, as of tomorrow to begin again. -Its about to get personal. My official start weight is 133lbs and my goal weight is 125lbs. I also want to tone a little but, thats a plan for a different day as I really do not enjoy working out, ever - at all - not even when I get into a routine. I enjoy fast food much, much, more!
Bring on the short term goals - Resolution 4: No fast food for one month!! Actually this is a two part goal, one long term and one short. The short term is just to kick off the true 17 Day Diet but the long term is to kick of the Budget Resolution. Unfortunately, that one isn't up for discussion in such great detail but know its there holding its place as Resolution 5.
Possibly the most labor intensive, Resolution 6: Couponing! - bet you thought this is where I was going to throw the Gym out there...nope it didn't make the list at all this year. I find couponing much more rewarding. Sadly, I fell off the couponing boat but New Years is my life preserver and I'm back. Well, starting next week. I don't think there are many, if any coupons out on holiday weekends so I didn't collect any papers this week. But I have not forgotten!
Speaking of forgetting, a picture is much like a memory which leads me right to Resolution 7: take advantage of my great camera, and all the great available info online, and become a better photographer. I have yet another pinterest board devoted to all the things I could learn and splattered with inspiration photos. But I have yet to take the time to get out my camera and get crackin'. This year I will.
Lastly, Resolution 8: be a better Mommy. This one is a daily goal and rather hard for me because I can't really make a plan. But I hope that with a more organized healthier version of myself, naturally, I can be a better parent. Above that, it may take some extra praying and listening. Perhaps, that should be resolution 9. But I am kind of incorporating it into 3, get healthy.
So there it is my grand scheme to be happier, healthier, more organized, and a better mommy - oh yeah richer! Sounds like I'll have a lot to blog about this year and maybe the time to do it.
Anyone else want to share!?
You'll be hearing from me,
Terra

No comments:

Post a Comment