background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Excuses Are like...

Is there really any need for me to finish that statement? Well I am here to deliver just that to you. My excuse for not posting anything this week.  See its been a really rough week. 
It started off with a high note but things spun out of control rather quickly. This weekend we decided to take back the playroom and make it my craft room. The kids never used it except to trash it and then the toys overflowed throughout the house. So we made room in their rooms and closets and started moving everything around. I stated by bringing the sewing machine and desk in -then bam, mental roadblock. I suddenly cannot get into making my own craft room. Whats wrong with me, this is a dream come true and every time I walk in there I stand there staring at everything. That was just when I started losing my grasp on control for the week.
Next.
I signed Emma up for swim class so she would be ready by summer. I really love the Houston Swim Club, if you're looking for a place to take the kids. I have no complaints about them and they are very professional. I prefer early morning classes, which they were able to provide. However, it happens to start at the same time as school. The first lesson is mandatory everyday for two weeks, leaving me rushed from the time I wake up until I drop her off on school days. Actually, I'm not going to lie, its a good thing I don't have a 9-5 job because I am not sure I would be able to ever arrive on time. Morning traffic is horrendous and as soon as I pull into it, I feel late and rushed.  So I have been adjusting to the running back and forth on a tight schedule and delivering Emma and hour late to school (which makes me a bit crazy.) But wait, there's more!
On Tuesday after dropping Emma at school my car started doing something really strange. UGH!  We just started our budget 19 days ago and here comes the mother load! Well I'm not really sure if its the mother load as they have yet to diagnose the problem but, I feel my Dave Ramsey "snowball effect" budget turning to to an avalanche of looming expenses. Knowing the hubby is going to take it harder then I am, I call to be the bearer of bad news. We spend the afternoon researching the symptoms in hopes that my pretty car savvy husband can make the repairs. Since the check engine light had come on we took in to AMCCO to get the free Check Engine light service they offer. That narrowed the possibilities a lot. The hubby came home- it had to be after dark of course, it was a school night for him too - and did everything suggested in our research. We started the car back up and tada!.. Service Engine Soon. So I decide to take it to the dealer in the morning. We found out in our research there was a recall on a part that may have something to do with whats going on. 
So I run west of town for swim class, of course it got cold so I needed to dry Emmas hair with the blow dryer  tacking on about 20 extra min, stopped at Goodwill (hey, it was right there,) then headed East past our house to get to the dealership. Like any time you need auto work, I had to leave the car. Luckily it was lunch time, I was pretty close to the Hubby's office, and he was free. So we broke budget and are no eating out resolution and headed to the Chinese Buffet. Long story short, I picked him up from work and we picked up the car. I got in hopeful and a little excited, they washed and vacuumed it. Started the engine, Service Engine Soon. I'm really getting tired of that stupid light! Obviously, the recall replacement did not fix our issue. 
That brings us to this morning. Swim class, blow dryer, school. Oh wait, on the way to school the car really started acting up and my gauges stopped working so I had no idea my speed limit. Nice right, I am assuming it was slow because people were flying by but I was too nervous to keep up.  So school then back to AMCCO. I had made a 10:30 appointment, they said it would take about an hour and half so they brought me home. Here is 1:30 and I just called they are "looking at it right now." Of course I am due to get Emma Bean at 2 so had to call a friend to handle that. I told her I feel like I am in college and too broke to buy gas so I'm bumming rides off my friends.  Being the good friend she is, I truly think she doesnt mind. Besides our kids are in the same class and my house is pretty much on the way home. But its still frustrating for me. 
Anyway, there's my excuse for my absence this week. Say a little prayer for an inexpensive fix and my sanity. Also, send me some craft room help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment