background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Valentine Mantle

As soon as I took my Christmas decor down I was already hunting for Valentine Mantle inspiration. Now that I have the vintage window from last years TN trip, I just really like changing it up for the holidays. I've never been a big fan of Valentines Day but Emma is obsessed so I decided to embrace it.
I Saw these two on pinterest but pinterest was kind of disappointing (gasp, I know) in the way of Valentine Mantle inspiration. I mean, my first picture wasn't even a mantle but a shelf.
who else but, The House of Smiths


Better Homes and Gardens

I also saw this really cute, easy and in-expensive garland...
Noodlehead
I was going to hang it in the playroom window for the kids. Then I decided to reclaim the playroom for my craft room so I used it on the mantle. Here's what I came up with...
 The cupcake liner wreath was on the door last year. I hope to make a different one this year but haven't decided what kind yet. The L-O-V-E letters I've had forever. Since college, back in the day of 'Live, laugh, Love.' They were silver and I spray painted them red.


 I hung my garland across the front of the mantle and around the topiary pot.

Then added construction paper hearts.I just used needle and thread to string them up.

I think it came out cute. It put me in a festive mood and I didn't have to take all my usual decor down and find a place to store it. 
Post pics of your great Valentine ideas. I have a few more places around the house that I could stand to show a little love!

1 comment: