background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Crazy Stuff Happens

As some of you may have been aware this weekend was slated to be Emma's big 4th birthday bash...vintage Barbie style.  I couldn't wait and have been pinning like crazy. We ordered the sweetest Barbie dress from Etsy.
Polka dot Ponies
My mom made her the cutest matching hat and we had all the decor and food lined out.

Unfortunately, crazy stuff happens and the party was postpone. Without going into all the gory details, I'm talking scene from Carrie, here's the rundown. Sorry to be vague but as you will soon read some of it is a bit personal however, I'm feeling the need to share. haha
Anyway a while back I had a LEEP procedure done (if you want more details on that feel free to look it up.) Lets just say, for the sake of being as tactful as I know how to be, its one of those things thats handled by your womanly doctor. So it had been about two weeks and I started having complications. I went in Thursday to get checked out and they said it appeared to be a fluke and everything was healing nicely. Thankfully I called my mother in a day early so I could go to the appointment without my kids tagging along. There's just something unsettling about bringing your kids to those kinds of things (not to mention the scarring it may leave on their poor minds, haha.) So Friday my fabulous husband had hired a cleaning service to come clean the house before the party and relieve me of the extra stress. My mom and I met a good friend and her little girl at McDonald's for coffee and play time while the house was being cleaned. Just before heading back home I experienced these complications again. I called my doctor back and she said I needed to go to the ER. By the time I arrived the situation had worsened and the Dr. took me into surgery. Well, they called it surgery it was really only a couple of stitches but it did require full anesthesia and the whole nine yards. Afterward she decided I needed 2 blood transfusions due being severely anemic. Needless to say I was staying the night and the party would need to be postponed. 
I'm back home now and feeling fine (minus a pounding headache.) I am a little bored with a week of bed rest, its not nearly as fun as it originally sounded. My MIL came and is taking the kids back to her house after school tomorrow, I was thinking of all the wonderful things I could do without the distractions of bickering children and milk cup refills, but the hubby made it very clear there would be no projects this week. 
As for Emma she was very sweet and understanding for a 4 year old. 

Taken on an I-phone - excuse the mess it's just the party paper. Cute hat huh?
There is a slight possibility Mommy was more excited about the Barbie birthday or maybe its the fact we told her she gets to have 2 birthdays this year. We did a little family celebration with my parents and then one with my MIL when she arrived. But, we'll all just have to wait a while longer to see the exciting Barbie party.
Well there you have it the Barbie Birthday drama weekend! In the meantime 
Happy Birthday Sweet Emma Bean!!

On a lighter and VERY exciting note, today my blog was featured by one of my very favorite bloggers, Cassie at Hi Sugarplum. This is my first blog feature and I am in blogger heaven over it! Shoot over and check it out, leave her a comment too! 

I'll be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment