background

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sometimes life hands you lemons

I have been pretty bad at keeping up with my blog goal this last couple of weeks.  I did make my post last week but it was really just a copied recipe which I realize was a bit of a cop out. While, I do have a good excuse, I am not really ready to talk about it here in blog land. So I decided I would catch you guys up to speed with my plans for some upcoming blog posts. 
This week I have a primary focus: Emma's Vintage Barbie 4th Bithday Party! But, its funny how hosting a party, even a 4 year old's, can really bump the to do list a  notch. I do have to focus on food and decor for the party, I'm also planning on an awesome photo booth and have to figure out the barbie cake. But some how, refinishing the vintage hutch in the garage and bringing it into my kitchen to replace the $10 garage sale dresser, just became a priority. You know, so the house looks good for company. While I'm at it I probably should just move that dresser into the craft room, then I could get organized and I could really show it off when everyone is here. Since my kitchen would be lookin' so good, I wonder if I'd have time to paint my living room and get rid of that yellow color that have been bothering me for the last 3 years?
I know, whats wrong with me, right? I have exactly 5 days and two kids to keep fed, not to mentioned entertained. WHY on Earth would I take on these projects...Don't do it, you're house is going to be a train wreck when everyone gets there. Does anyone else have a similar thought process?

I just don't think I can hold off...so stay tuned for the craziness to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment